|Home||» Products||» Eye Care||» I-Lashpro|
Topical bimatoprost is used to treat hypotrichosis (less than the normal amount of hair) of the eyelashes by promoting the growth of longer, thicker, and darker lashes. Topical bimatoprost is in a class of medications called prostaglandin analogs. It works by increasing the number of eyelash hairs that grow and the amount of time that they grow.
Topical bimatoprost comes as a solution (liquid) to apply to the upper eyelids. It is usually applied once a day in the evening. Use topical bimatoprost at around the same time every day. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand. Use topical bimatoprost exactly as directed. Do not use more or less of it or use it more often than prescribed by your doctor. Using topical bimatoprost more often than once a day will not increase eyelash growth more than the recommended use.
It may take at least 4 weeks before you see any benefit from topical bimatoprost and up to 16 weeks to see the full effect of the medication. Continue to use topical bimatoprost even if you have already seen an effect. Topical bimatoprost will only increase eyelash growth while you are using the medication. If you stop using topical bimatoprost, your eyelashes will return to their original appearance within several weeks to months.
Do not apply topical bimatoprost to the lower eyelids or to broken or irritated skin on your upper eyelids.
It is possible for hair growth to occur on other areas of your skin with repeated applications of topical bimatoprost. Be careful to blot any excess solution outside the upper eyelid margin with a tissue or other absorbent material to prevent this from happening.
If topical bimatoprost gets into your eye(s) while you are applying the solution, it is not expected to cause harm. Do not rinse your eye(s).
Topical bimatoprost comes with sterile applicators to apply the medication. Do not reuse applicators and do not use a cotton swab or any other brush or applicator to apply topical bimatoprost.
To use the solution, follow these steps:
- Wash your hands and face thoroughly with soap and water. Be sure that all makeup is removed.
- Do not let the tip of the bottle or applicator touch your fingers or anything else.
- Hold the applicator horizontally, and place 1 drop of topical bimatoprost on the area closest to the tip, but not on the tip itself.
- Immediately move the applicator carefully across the skin of the upper eyelid at the base of the eyelashes (where the eyelashes meet the skin) going from the inner part of your lash line to the outer part, just as you would apply liquid eyeliner. The area should feel lightly moist but without runoff.
- Blot any excess solution with a tissue.
- Discard the applicator after applying to one eyelid.
- Repeat these steps for other eye using a new applicator.